Dates are set for 2023!
Of course we will organize it following the corona safety rules if they are still there.
Arrival: friday evening august 11th or saturdayday 12 before 12.00h First workshop is at 14.00h on saturday 12
Last day: friday august 18th. last regular workshop 16.00-18.00h. After dinner closing and party time
Departure fridayevening or saturday .
The convention includes:
- Workshops from renowned teachers : Noël, Wybren and ….(still surprise)
- Training outside and under the big roof,
- Beautiful camping place on the hill
- Extra space for massage and (acro)yoga on the first floor
- Freshly cooked vegetarian food (optionally vegan or carnivore)
- Free use of bicycles
Disciplines and techniques
In the workshops we will address a variety of acrobatic disciplines and techniques including building and pitching, handstands, washing machines, flows and sequences, lifts and balances, Icarian and trio tricks.
This training week is open for anyone. You will receive personal instruction to your skill level. If you like, you can attend with your dedicated training partner, but everybody will also switch partners during the training, since this will give you a deeper understanding of acrobatics. Upon registration let me know if you’re preferred role is base or flyer (or both).
Our convention will have 6 days with workshops (at least 24 workshops) and there is always a free training floor. There will be workshops every day except for tuesday. This day is for other kinds of leisure; a walk in the beautiful environment, a bicycle ride (there are bikes at the venue) up the Bükk mountains, or a visit to the famous Lippizaner horses in Silvasvárad. The ancient town of Eger is also nearby with its fortress and thermal bath.
Accommodation and food
Nestled in a shady cool tree forest, lies the campground. Please bring your own tent, mat and sleeping bag. Sanitary facilities are basic but sufficient (toilets and showers). There is a longe and a smal swimming pool. There will be three vegetarian meals a day, freshly cooked for you. Our kitchenmasters can cook meat/fish or vegan food on request. You are expected to lend a hand in small tasks like cleaning the tables.
About the teachers
- holds regular acrobatic classes in his home town, Nijmegen
- teaches workshops across Europe and the United States
- teaches at acrobatic conventions and festivals
- gives personal coaching on demand to artists all over the world
- initiated and organised many conventions and training events
- typical quote: “…focus on what you can do”
Wybren – `the serious skill supervisor´ – Wouda
- is one of the best known teachers in Europe
- is currently teaching at Codarts Circus Arts, Rotterdam
- has been involved in Sports- and Circus Acrobatics alike since he was a child
- has become world-renown for analyzing dynamic skills, his demanding drills and attention to minute detail
- has the ability to break down the most complex tricks and instruct students step-by-step in the pre-exercises that lead up to it
- rumor goes he sometimes even gives compliments
Regular price: € 395 (food and camping included)
Early bird price: € 320 (until June 15)
Discount: participants of the acro-building holidays, in whatever year, can join the whole week for 270 euro
To make the seventth Hungarian Acrobatic Convention even more Hungarian, acrobats from Hungary can join for the reduced price of €320
You can already subscribe now. Your place will be secure once you have paid. Contact us for payment details.
The number of participants is limited to 35
Pictures by Catalin Munteanu, Ishine Gape, Helene Stafleu e.a.